4" Hair Doctor Mini Comb is magic. 30 stainless-steel teeth move up/down while rotating to remove tangles without pulling, stretching hair. Great small size for travel and pockets. Model #TH416
- Prevents hair breakage and hair loss: silky smooth 360 degree rotating stainless steel teeth prevent hair from wrapping and snagging on the pin stopping hair breakage, split-ends and hair loss.
- Stimulates hair growth: smooth rounded tipped teeth gently rub and massage the scalp to stimulate circulation and blood flow to the scalp reducing scalp itch and promoting growth.
- Superior for detangling wet hair: Hair is most susceptible to damage when wet. This is due to the hydrogen bonds in the hair that are broken when wet and reformed when dry. A scientific study concluded that rotating teeth are more gentle to hair than conventional combs, greatly eliminating the pulling force that causes hair to stretch and break.
- Tarnish Free: Solid stainless steel teeth never tarnish and can be safely disinfected in salon solutions.
- Made in USA: Manufactured with precision care in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
Mini Comb Frequently Asked Questions
Describe the Mini Comb size and number of teeth?
The mini Comb is 4” in length with 30 precision spaced rotating stainless-stainless steel teeth.
What are the unique benefits of the mini comb?
The best benefit of the mini comb is the size and the rotating teeth. No matter where you are you can care for your hair without pulling it out. The 4” size can be easily carried in the smallest of pockets or even carried in a secure pocket when playing sports. The stainless steel teeth will not tarnish and you can use the mini comb to fix your hair anytime any place.
Can rotating teeth really reduce hair loss and damage?
Rotating teeth significantly reduce hair damage and loss. When teeth rotate, less pulling force is applied to hair preventing damage. The motion of the teeth also prevents hair from wrapping around the pin and stretching and pulling it which prevents hair from breaking.
What causes wet hair to break off ?
Hair is most susceptible to damage when wet. This is due to the hydrogen bonds in the hair that are broken when wet and reformed when dry. Combing with a non-rotating tooth comb can cause hair to stretch and break. A scientific study concluded that rotating teeth are more gentle to hair than conventional combs because the teeth move and rotate, greatly eliminating the pulling force that causes hair to stretch and break.
What type of pin does hair doctor use in their combs?
Hair Doctor uses solid stainless-steel pins that are precision cut to a specific size. The pins are tumbled until tapered and tumbled again until the tips extra smooth and round. The tumbling process takes 2-3 days to ensure the tips are rounded and smooth.
Where are Hair Doctor Combs Manufactured?
Hair Doctor Combs are manufactured at Steven Plastic Inc. 2125 Stonington Ave, Hoffman Estates, IL USA.
Does Hair Doctor have a facebook page?
Yes. www.facebook.com/Hair-Doctor-Products. Please join our page and post photo using Hair Doctor Combs. Hair Doctor fans around the world would love it.
How was the Hair Doctor Comb Invented?
Inventor Ron Owen of Steven Plastics noticed that his daughter flinch when her mother combed out her thick hair. After close observation, he noticed how hair strands would frequently wrap around the comb pin causing hair strands to pull, stretch and break
As a talented inventor, he set out to design a new comb spine that would hold each pin separately allowing each pin to move freely. After many proto-types, he successfully designed a honeycomb spine which allowed each pin to rotate 360 degrees, independently of the other pins, significantly reducing the pulling force that causes hair to wrap around the pin, pull, stretch and break… especially when wet!
The Science: Hydrogen bonds in the hair are broken when wet and reformed when dry. Rotating teeth move and glide preventing hair from clinging to the pins preventing hair from pulling stretching and breaking especially when wet.
Hair Doctor Combs help people to keep hair healthy, strong and beautiful.
Used and Recommended by licensed TricologistsDr. Kingsley, PhD, WTS: Stanton Island, NY; Board certified Trichologist:
Leading expert in the science and practice of hair loss prevention. Dr. Kingsley is the only Trichologist in North America with a PhD in hair loss research.
Martine Langsam; San Rafel, CA Certified Trichologist (IAT), (WTS),
Made in USA